- Markets fell broadly with economic data from China that showed weaker than expected exports data.
- A steep decline in imports from China last month, was a sign that the economy's recovery from COVID lockdown isn't as strong as many had hope for. The Hang Seng Index declined more than 2%
- European stocks and US futures traded lower as well as oil.
- The debt ceiling standoff is being tracked by investors, as Biden is due to sit down with House Speaker McCarthy for their first meeting in three months.
- ECB's Kazaks: ECB rate-hiking might not be finished in July.
Bets on spring 2024 ECB cuts are significantly premature.